Newstalk's Off The Ball is now accepting applications for the role of Head of Digital
Off The Ball is going digital and we’re looking for the right candidate to manage the team that will take Ireland’s best sports radio show beyond the FM. With 15 years heritage, Off The Ball is the market leader in debate, analysis and craic and we are making it available wherever and whenever people consume sport.
We’re seeking applications from candidates who understand audience trends in online consumption, are on top of the Facebook algorithm and have experience building Youtube channels. A clear understanding of all current and emerging social media channels and the opportunity they present for Off The Ball is mandatory. We are placing a heavy emphasis on video production, data capture and building a sticky audience by illuminating our existing brand.
You will be responsible for building a cohesive online brand for Off The Ball that is consistent with and reflects the quality, identity and values of the on air product. You will collaborate with our news and programme teams, sales and marketing teams and of course with our audience to bring them what they love and expect from this iconic brand
Ultimately, you should be able to plan and deliver an effective digital strategy to achieve our business goals.
You will join the Senior management team at Off The Ball and report to the Managing Editor, Off The Ball.
• Design and implement company digital strategies within budget requirements
• Set specific digital objectives and monitor progress
• Work with sales to ensure revenue is maximised
• Ensure smooth operation for all digital tools and applications (e.g. website, blogs and social media)
• Analyse SEO and marketing metrics
• Generate innovative ideas to increase web traffic
• Train internal teams to use digital technologies
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure brand consistency
• Suggest new optimisation methods to improve customer experience
• Ensure web best practices are met
• Proven work experience at a relevant publisher
• Excellent working knowledge of social media publishing conventions
• Understanding of how digital channels work
• Hands-on experience with SEO/SEM
• Familiarity with Google Analytics
• Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Passionate and knowledgeable about sport!
To be considered for this role, please send your CV and cover letter clearly marked HEAD OF DIGITAL – OTB to email@example.com by Friday 4th August 2017.